We get this question a lot here at our office. The reason it is hard to find insurance with two prior PIP claims in Florida because PIP accounts for most of the insurance fraud in Florida. Individuals all over that state file frivolous PIP claims on a daily basis. They think that just because they get into an accident they can sue and get money when in fact they are not even hurt. Unfortunately this negatively affects individuals that were actually legitimately injured in two accidents in the past three years. What most Floridians do not know is that Florida is a no-fault state. This means that when you are injured in an accident your own insurance policy pays for the first $10,000 of your medical bills. After your PIP coverage is exhausted, typically that at-fault drivers bodily injury coverage pays the remaining medical bills. In an attempt to combat PIP fraud, most Florida insurance companies will not accept drivers that have more than one PIP claim in the past three years. We do have markets available for individuals that have two PIP claim in the past three years. If you have PIP claims and are having a hard time finding insurance, please feel free to give our office a call.
Why choose Staybull for your high risk auto insurance needs?
- Electronic signatures – We use one of the most advanced systems to service our customers. Our clients can request a quote and purchase insurance from any computer or smartphone.
- Statewide coverage – We have five locations throughout the State of Florida and can write a policy for you no matter where you live via the internet.
- Our carriers – We provide insurance from many major insurance carriers like Progressive, Foremost, Dairyland, Infinity and Gainsco.
- Customer service – We strive to provide the best customer service in the industry.
- Experience – We specialize in high risk auto insurance and can answer any questions you have.